NCTA Interclub League
Please note updates for the 2019 season will be coming shortly.
St. James is pleased to announce it will be participating in the NCTA Summer Mixed Interclub League in the 2016 season! This league is a friendly, travelling team doubles league where half the matches are played at home and half at other clubs across the city.
St. James team assessments are open to any member of the club and a great chance to meet fellow members, play some tennis and get involved in the league. Head Coach, John Wins-Purdy will run 2 weeks of assessments to determine the appropriate division for every player. Team captains will do their best to involve as many players as possible who are interested in playing and will handle all of the weekly organization and communication with players and opposing team captains.
- May 11 and 18 from 6:30-8:00 for all players. We will field Div 1-4 teams this season. For National Tennis Rating Program - NTRP - players ranked between 2.0-4.5. Basically, this only excludes complete beginners and professional players!
NTRP ranking guide - click here
We are looking for team captains who are dedicated to organizing a small team on a weekly basis and coordinating with team captains from opposing teams about start times and any other issues such as rain delays, etc. St. James will likely field up to 4 teams this season - 2 in the Tuesday night league and 2 in the Wednesday night league. If you are interested in becoming a captain or co-captain, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
NCTA Summer Mixed League Information:
- 2016 Summer Mixed League (Tuesdays) Starts May 24 (NTRP ranking 3.5 and below)
- 2016 Summer Mixed League (Wednesdays) Starts May 25 (NTRP ranking 4.0 and above)
- 6-player teams, playing men’s doubles, ladies doubles and mixed doubles each week, alternating between home and away games
- East-West calibre-ranked boxes will be set up wherever possible
- Each match consists of 2 sets (and a tiebreak if necessary)
- Start time for matches is generally 6:30pm at opposing clubs, captains to confirm the court and player availability with each other at least 2 days in advance.
Compete at different clubs, play with friends, and don't forget to enjoy a nice cold drink afterwards!